When can I apply for payment?
You may apply to draw down part or all of your award once some or all of the Viridor Credits-funded elements have been completed. If your deadlines for drawing down funding are approaching or have passed, you will need to contact a member of the team.
You will need to ensure you have sent in your Contributing Third Party Form and payment before requesting any funds.
Viridor Credits does not release funds against pro-forma invoices, nor pays deposits or make up-front payments.
Photographic evidence of the progress of your project must accompany your payment request.
How are payments made?
Payments are made by BACS and may be made directly to your contractor or reimbursed to you, if you have already paid your contractor. In the latter case, you will need to provide proof from your contractor that they have received payment. A copy of your bank statement or similar is not sufficient evidence.
Payments are made by BACS on a Friday. We aim to make payments within ten working days of receipt of your request.
Viridor Credits is not responsible for meeting the payment terms of your contractor.
Before you submit a request
Before you submit a payment request to Viridor Credits, please check the following:
- The invoice contains items for payment that Viridor Credits has agreed to fund.
- The invoice is not a request for deposit, a pro-forma or other up-front payment.
- If you are requesting reimbursement for an invoice you have paid: The invoice must be receipted or you must demonstrate proof that the contractor has received payment. A copy of your bank statement is not suitable evidence.
- The contractor's invoice contains their bank details, or they must provide them on headed paper.
- You have completed a Project Payment Request form (sent with your Offer Letter). This must accompany any invoices you send. You may make multiple copies of this form.
- The invoice is made out to the applicant organisation, not Viridor Credits.
- Applicants that are Environmental Bodies (EBs) must not pay the invoice, as Viridor Credits will not reimburse the EB for any expenditure. Payment will be made directly to the contractor only.
Where should I submit my request?
All payment requests should be emailed to Viridor Credits through your application portal.
If there are any issues with your request, a member of the team will be in contact with you.