The Club was established around 1920 to play on local authority tennis courts which they still do through a lease agreement.
The Club is a not for profit volunteer run club that maintains the tennis courts for the local community. The two courts started to crack and become unsafe to play on and drainage was a problem. New surface was required and the drainage improved along with associated fencing works which culminated in a new surface that is slip resistant and playable in all weathers.
Viridor Credits was approached for funding of £18,297 for the new court surface. The new court surfaces have improved the
look of the club with a resultant increase in membership.